These are challenging and exciting times for the automotive industry. In 2020 the current EU regulations that set CO2 emissions standards for cars and vans will be replaced with stricter targets to be met by 2025, so innovative solutions are necessary to secure high mobility comfort at low emission rates. Our customer Volvo Car Corporation aims to have 50% of their annual sales come from fully electric vehicles.
Our customer Merkle & Partner expressed a great compliment about PreonLab in the German journal ‘Konstruktion & Entwicklung’. With our simulation software PreonLab “an evolutionary leap could be achieved compared to conventional CFD methods”, states Merkle & Partner. By adding our software to their simulation toolbox ‘Merkle & Partner Öl-Sim’, the company now receives the requested results after a brief period of time.
We are very excited to announce the release of PreonLab 4.0. This major release expands, improves, and accelerates the core capabilities of PreonLab, highlighted by the following features:
- Snow solver: PreonLab continues to push the boundaries of particle-based simulations with the introduction of a semi-implicit snow solver.
- More accurate fluid solver: The updated Preon solver is able to capture even more phenomena and requires less parameter calibration.
- Implicit thermodynamics solver: The thermodynamics solver now supports much larger timesteps via implicit integration, greatly improving performance.
- Local fluid refinement (experimental): It is now possible to use two particle sizes in the same simulation, reducing computation time and the amount of generated particle data.
FIFTY2 keeps thriving. It took only three years to grow out of our second office. We are happy to announce that we moved into a much bigger office, staying in our home town Freiburg, located in the beautiful Black Forest.
Our new rooms are giving us the opportunity to work even more efficiently, as we are looking forward to releasing PreonLab 4.0 later this month!
PreonLab 3.3 represents the final 3.x release and we are very excited to share it with you. Here is a selection of the most notable new features and improvements:
- Non-Newtonian fluids: For the first time, the Preon Solver supports the simulation of non-Newtonian fluids.
- Improved car suspension model: The improved car suspension model now simulates vehicle suspension due to fluid interaction more accurately and supports user-defined spring constants.
- Improved efficiency: PreonLab 3.3 includes an optimized geometry handling that improves performance, cuts down loading times and reduces memory consumption
- “Experimental” mode: The experimental mode exposes selected features currently in development to all users who wish to try them out
As part of this year’s Automotive CAE Grand Challenge, we will give a presentation at simpulseday on April 16 2019 in Hanau, Germany.
The simpulseday will give an overview about upcoming requirements and the latest technologies as well as best practice examples. The interactive session will derive methodological gaps as a basis for research and the development of new simulation methods.
We will demonstrate how to predict rain water flow in a vehicle with our implicit Lagrangian solver in PreonLab!
Interested? Come and join us now !
AVL and FIFTY2 organize free Hands-On-Workshops about virtual water management with PreonLab.
Besides giving you an insight on the different, diverse applications used by our clients, we want to show you the intuitive handling of our software with a specific example:
Hands-On Use Case: Virtual Water Wading
Water wading is a demanding challenge for a simulation with traditional CFD methods. In this workshop you will not only learn how meshless simulations with PreonLab enable to cope with these tasks efficiently, but you will also be given the opportunity to generate such a simulation model yourself.
You will experience how the combination of efficient preprocessing and high performance gives you the opportunity to make ideal designing decisions.
Learn more about the innovative simulation solution PreonLab and gain insights in new fields of applications that our software gives you.
Attendees of the workshops will receive a test license, giving them the possibility to actively participate and subsequently explore the software independently.
Convince yourself how easy it is to receive significant results in next to no time! Grab your seat now, as the amount of participants in these free workshops is limited!
The workshops will take place in:
Accelerate your development through virtual water management
Efficient and safe water management is a critical aspect of the vehicle development process. Learn how virtual prototyping can greatly contribute in terms of design variations, shape optimization, and wetting prevention.
PreonLab 3.2 is here! Besides numerous smaller improvements, this release also includes major innovations that open up new applications and new workflows:
- Implicit viscosity solver: The new (optional) solver is capable of simulating highly viscous fluids at large timesteps and superior performance.
- Optimized post-processing: PreonLab 3.2 greatly reduces the system requirements for post-processing and improves overall responsiveness of the user interface for large scenes.
- Keyframe spline interpolation: The new interpolation method significantly reduces the effort to generate smooth interpolation between keyframes and makes defining kinematics even easier than before.
- Unified Area source with cone support: All two-dimensional fluid sources are now unified into one. The new versatile Area source also introduces a conical emission shape.