Our customer Merkle & Partner expressed a great compliment about PreonLab in the German journal ‘Konstruktion & Entwicklung’. With our simulation software PreonLab “an evolutionary leap could be achieved compared to conventional CFD methods”, states Merkle & Partner. By adding our software to their simulation toolbox ‘Merkle & Partner Öl-Sim’, the company now receives the requested results after a brief period of time.
Accelerate your development through virtual water management
Efficient and safe water management is a critical aspect of the vehicle development process. Learn how virtual prototyping can greatly contribute in terms of design variations, shape optimization, and wetting prevention.
We are proud to anounce the release of PreonLab 3.1. Without further ado, here is why you want to update to PreonLab 3.1 as soon as possible:
- New viscosity model: The new default viscosity model combines the strengths of the different previous models into one and delivers realistic results on all resolution scales.
- New rigid body solver: The new experimental solver brings key ideas behind the PREON fluid solver to rigid body dynamics.
- Improved renderer: Preon renderer now supports a wide range of materials like steel, rubber or glass.
- Improved thermodynamics solver: Added MPI support, resolution-independent diffusion model and better free-surface handling.
- Improved usability: PreonLab has never been more fun to use.
Please note that with PreonLab 3.1, we have updated our toolchain and now provide unified binaries for Linux distributions.
Read more “PreonLab 3.1 Released”
AVL and FIFTY2 Technology invite for a free hands-on workshop in Munich.
Experience how fast and easy it is to get significant simulation results with PreonLab: Join our free hands-on workshop on Virtual Water Management on April 11 in Munich. Get insights into the application range of PreonLab and the various opportunities this simulation tool offers. Register now and be part of the simulation community: more info and registration
FIFTY2 will be attending the AVL International Simulation Conference 2017. We cordially invite you to join us on June 27-29, 2017 in Graz, Austria. We will be part of the exhibition and we are happy that Daniel Wickert from TU Dresden (Institut für Kraftfahrzeugtechnik) will present the results of a benchmark sponsored by Daimler AG considering “Water path prediction in the automotive industry” that included PreonLab outperforming the competition.
The three day conference will revolve around the latest simulation methodologies applied to key development goals for clean and affordable mobility, such as real-driving emissions, powertrain efficiency, electrification, durability and NVH.
You can gather more information on the program and of course register here:
See you in Graz!
We are proud to announce the release of PreonLab 2.1. Some of the most prominent new features are:
- Improved PREON® Solver:: timestep criterion for viscosity forces and stopping criterion for the pressure solver
- Revised Plot Dialog: post-process statistics data before exporting them
- Enhanced Python library preonpy: full access to connections and keyframes
- Full preonpy API documentation: each function and every argument explained
- PreonLabCLI: simulate pre-processed scenes or run Python scripts
- Dynamic pathlines: see how particle traces evolve over time
This is just a small excerpt from the extensive feature list of PreonLab 2.1. Be sure to check the changelog for a complete overview.
We are proud to announce the release of PreonLab 2.0. Some of the most prominent new features are:
- PairwiseForce model for cohesion, adhesion and roughness
(calibrated and validated by the TU Dresden).
- PreonLab boundary handling: with the ‘no gap’ option, the offset between fluid and boundary is eliminated.
- Python library ‘preonpy’: the power of PreonLab at your hands right from your own python scripts.
- Velocity keyframing for even more intuitive and easily accessible rigid kinematics.
- Extended file format support: export your fluid data to the Ensight file format.
This is just a small excerpt from the extensive feature list of PreonLab 2.0. Be sure to check the changelog for a complete overview of the impressive changes.
Read more “PreonLab 2.0 Released”
PreonLab 1.4 provides a batch of usability improvements and additional features such as:
- Improved Connection Editor for a simplified and quicker simulation setup
- Revised Keyframe Editor for more efficiency and precision in setting up the kinematics
- Introduction of a separate simulation and view frame rate for, e.g., versatile post-processing
- Archive function for sparse data storage
- Integration of FFmpeg enables rapid video export from within PreonLab
- Liu drag force model introduces an improved droplet behavior without the need for parameter tuning
The Swiss Innovation Forum is the leading innovations congress in Switzerland. We are happy to have a booth at this congress and to present PreonLab and the innovative simulation opportunities that come with our innovations to the Swiss high-tech industry.
Date: November 24, 2017
Location: Congress Center Basel
The international CAE Conference 2016 takes place in Parma, Italy and we are happy to be part of it. The conference is one the leading events focusing on simulation aided engineering and showcases the most important developments in engineering and science. We will be showcasing PreonLab on our booth together with our cooperation partner qpunkt.
Date: October 17. – October 18. 2016
Location: Parma, Italy